Followers

Sunday 24 January 2016

Inspired by a song...


Over at Glitter n sparkle this week, the theme is 
"inspired by a song"
so we would like you to create a card and let us know 
what song inspired you to make it...

 I was certainly inspired by a song for this card!
I was watching "the sound of music" while picking my image.... lol!


I used the eldeweiss image from the "Switzerland bundle"
over at Ikes Art.
Its a lovely set of images, including this edelweiss,
a swiss cow (wearing a cowbell!), a scene of a swiss
 cottage with mountains and cablecar, a swiss army knife and all its features
and even a swiss stamp!
It's a bumper bundle!
I also wanted to use the cow for a card - i printed him out, coloured him
(which took an age!) 
and then promptly lost him! :(

Oh well.

(UPDATE: 30 / 01/ 16 - 6:45pm...
 I just found the cow I coloured - in between my big shot plates!!! lol! )

I used my docrafts embossing folder, 
printed out the words of the edelweiss song 
and embossed and inked the edges.
Then I coloured the image with my promarkers and poped it some some
 3d foam to stand off the verse.
 Glossy accents finished the petals. 
A couple of die cut butterflies and
a punched butterfly finished this card.

 I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Cards galore encore - atg - 31 Jan
Paper creator - atg - 1 Feb
SLS lines - atg - 11 Feb
Crafty friends - atg - 29 Jan
Creative fingers - atg - 4 Feb
Inspiration destination - atg - 28 Jan
Crafty addicts - atg / elegance - 4 Feb
Passion for promarkers - flower power - 26 Jan
Oh la la creations - in the country - 1 Feb

9 comments:

Kraftychick said...

Beautiful card and the image is just great!

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Vic. I love the image and your flowers and embossing look gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our 'flower power' challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Lovely card Vic love the embossing and very pretty edelweiss stamp. Thank you for joining our challenge at Ooh La La and we hope to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Janice said...

What a pretty card, love the White embossing then the song as the main image, finished beautifully with of course the flower! Beautiful, and great to see you playing at OohLaLa, Jx

Diane Louise J said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, lovely embossing and you have chosen a lovely song... thanks for sharing it with Crafty Friends... good luck in the draw and hope to see you next time, Hugs Diane Louise (DT)

ike said...

WoW !! That card is stunning. Gorgeous embossed background. I really love the clean, crispness of this card. Beautiful :-)
Thank you for using one of my digis and it was a pleasure to Sponsor you :-)

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely looking card. Really adorable. Love the classy design too. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

coops said...

So stunning Vic.i love your elegant design and verse and your flowers are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Jennifer Scull said...

the embossed bg sets off your stamped image so nicely. what a lovely card!

thank you so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog! :)